About the company
The tkm9 group is a global, full-service Creative & Experiential agency – specialising in emerging and cutting edge interactive technologies. We deliver unsurpassed immersive brand experiences for our clients, driven by world-leading strategic, creative & technical expertise.
We have various brands within the group that include (but are not limited to):
- Play9: a new world of contemporary Play Spaces and;
- tkm9: sculptural based digital installations and experiences.
About the role
We currently have an opening for a passionate, talented, creative Industrial Designer, to work in an inspiring, collaborative team.
Our standards are high. The opportunity is mind-boggling and the calibre of talent must be world-class.
The Industrial Design position will play an important role in product development. Working with a broad interdisciplinary team of designers, creatives and technical developers – while working under and closely with our Industrial Design team. Your responsibilities include:
- Developing sketches and renderings of new product concepts
- Strong 2D visual communication skills required – should be comfortable drawing, using AutoCAD, Google Sketch-Up, Photoshop, or similar.
- Creating 3D CAD geometry using SolidWorks
- Developing 3D CAD renderings
- Participating in team brainstorms to identify exciting new product ideas
- Researching product categories and participating in user observation
- Making mock-ups and rough prototypes to test out ergonomics and feasibility
- Show initiative and strong team skills
- Bachelors degree relating to product design, spatial design, 3D design, industrial design or equivalent
- A high degree of technical knowledge balanced with creative ability and a hands-on approach;
- Visual and spatial awareness;
- Commercial awareness;
- Computer literacy (three-dimensional conceptual ability and CAD (computer-aided design));
- Knowledge of industrial processes/techniques and standards;
- Communication and customer-facing skills;
- The ability to cope with the pressure of deadlines;
- A willingness to build and maintain positive working relationships and to share information with others;
- Determination to achieve an end result, and optimism and enthusiasm when things don’t go to plan.
Salary Range – $50,000 to $70,000 + Super
Australian work rights preferred.